Wednesday, May 03, 2006

RIP


We mourn the passing of our dear, good friend Louis Rukeyser. He was the original, first-of-a-kind, one-of-a-kind, television financial journalist, who really spawned all the business and financial shows, including CNBC.

He was a wonderful friend who did much for my career.

After I fell off my horse, and began my new sober journey in life, Lou brought me back on his program on a regular basis. For that I will be eternally grateful.

Much, much more important, it was Lou Rukeyser who spawned the Investor Class by bringing investment news and opinions every week to millions of people in a clear way that they could understand and act on.

He introduced the general public to numerous financial experts with diverse opinions, always presented with clarity and good humor.

Lou was brilliant man and a classy gent.

Two summers ago, he spoke to a large dinner party at our home in Redding, Connecticut. It was one of his last public appearances. As always, he was an optimist.

May this good man rest in peace.